IntegrationService provides the option for an automated import of "Employee", "Job", "Operation", from a .CSV-file, by placing the file in a chosen local folder (described below) i.e. installing the service locally at the client and import .csv-data to the clients Azure DB.
Eg. There is continueally exported a .csv-file "Samplefile" which contains eg. employees and/or jobs from an ERP-system to the chosen "IN". IntegrationService reads the file, after the specified timeperiod, and via our API, using the correct API-key, an import of the files contents is loaded to the relevant database. Concurrently a .csv-file is created containing "TimeLedgerEntry" and "JobLedgerEntry" in an output folder. These files can then be imported directly to the ERP-system, eg. a project-, case-, MPS-, order-folder etc..
Update 14-09-2021: A minor fix has been made to ensure that records can not be marked transferred until data is written correctly to the file.
Download the installation-file via this link: https://smarttid.dk/files/SmartTIDIntegrationServiceSetup.zip
- Unpack the .zip-file with the service. ("SmartTIDIntegrationServiceSetup").
- Run "Setup" as Admin.
- A folder will be created at destination: C:\programmer(x86)\smarttid\smarttidintegrationservice.
- The folder-configuration noted in "SmartTIDIntegrationService.exe" must be used.
- The service is edited with the correct folder-indications in the .CONFIG-file. Be advised, your API-key will be supplied from our support at email@example.com. We only supply confirmed customers with an API-key.
ii. C:\ smartservice \out
iii. C:\ smartservice \error
- If in/out folders is placed in network: eks. value="\\Servername\Public\Folder\Smarttid\Out"
- Remember to edit folder Permissions to 'Full Control'. (folder properties/security).
- Run the INSTALL from a Command/CMD-prompt with admin rights (important). The service will be installed locally on your PC.
- Check that the service is running via: Task Manager -> Services. The service "SmartTIDIntegrationService" should be present with status: "Running".
- When a correct file is placed into the "in"-folder with the structure indicated in the "Samplefile", it will be imported into SmartTID and the file will disappear from the "IN"-folder after the indicated period from the Config-file, "JobLedgerEntry", "TimeLedgerEntry" goes into the "out"-folder.IF an import does not proceed as expected, then a "error-file" will be created in the "error"-folder, which contains a description of the cause of the error.
- After install it is possible to edit .Config file - remember to restart the service, for the changes to take effect.
Creation of incoming file
With the incoming file, you can create employees, jobs and operation. Everything is handled in the same file.
The file is a semicolon seperated .CSV-file.
The first field in the field determines which card-index the file will be imported to.
- Employee -> Creates/edits an employee via a request to SmartTID web service API - Create employee
- Job -> Creates/edits a job via a request to SmartTID web service API - Create job
- Operation -> Creates and assigns an operation to a job via SmartTID web service API - Create operation
The following fields for the individual POST can be found in the above links. Do not include the API-key, but eg. start by using sEmployeeCode (employee number) if you want to create an employee.
Job;1400;Test job 1400;Imported with SmartTIDIntegrationService;;;Started;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Referece;Remark;0;0;;0;;;
In similar fashion posted time- and job-entries are submitted in an outgoing file containing the following fields.
Timeentries (TimeLedgerEntry) are retrieved via SmartTID web service API - Get time ledger entry
Jobentries (JobLedgerEntry) are retrieved via SmartTID web service API - Get job ledger entry
Rev 03, Jens Severin - 16/04/2021